“Bad times have a scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
It’s been one of those weeks where you just know the universe is trying to teach you a lesson. If only I knew what it wanted me to know. My husband’s sciatica has gotten much much worse, so he’s limping around and in so much pain he can hardly sit down. My eldest son had a light cough last week and this week is having to have breathing treatments because it’s looking like he has walking pneumonia. I have a double sinus infection and an ear infection and I’ve started coughing, too plus I can feel my last infusion wearing off already. Now our youngest says his throat is very sore. Only my middle son is left unscathed. You don’t want to come to our house this week. 😦
What’s a wife/mom to do? I’m too exhausted to think at this point.
- Sent my husband off to the massage therapist and now on to the chiropractor. Next it’s back to the doctor.
- My eldest is seeing the doctor again today for more special breathing treatments (though we had to get him up at 11pm and 5am to do them at home, too). We’ll find out today if this is bronchitis or pneumonia. I’ve already got emails out to his teachers to send missed schoolwork home to us.
- I’ve given up hope of having my infusion next week, though I need to call in and let them know so they can give my appointment away. I’m using hand sanitizer by the bucket-full. I’ve canceled as many of my commitments this week as I can.
- Sent my youngest off to school with throat lozenges in his pocket for lunch time.
- Pray that my middle kid remains germ-free and remind him he has hand sanitizer in his backpack pocket (and maybe put some in his lunchbox tomorrow, too).